Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lost on a Road to 30



So I'm embarking on my 28th birthday(ugh) and I'm feeling rather unenthusiastic! "I'm getting old" is becoming my new catch phrase and I'm over it. I know that 28 is not "old" by far but I have so many anxieties about it! There are so many goals that I thought I would have accomplished by now and I feel miles and miles away from my destiny. Also I have no idea what I want to do professionally. I have millions of ideas but no idea how to execute them nor the funds. I know that I am a creative person and I should be doing "something" creative, but what that is I have ABSOLUTELY no clue! I'm constantly doubting myself and my talents and I'm not sure where that stems from... it's a complete mystery. I pray every day and night for direction and I still feel lost...
On top of this I'm getting pressure from my 'Folks' to get married and have kids! That's toooooo much for me to deal with! I'm entirely too selfish right now to even consider the thought of having children, I need to get me and my wants out of the way first.
I just never thought I'd be that 28 year old woman that everybody is asking "What's Dante' up to, I can't believe she's not married"
Honestly I KNOW in my heart that there is something special in me, I've felt it all my life but I just want to bring it out!

"Paging the Fabulous Dante', please come to life, your party is waiting!"

5 comments:

NightFall914 said...

Well, it least know you aren't alone.I turn 28 next week and its the same issues.Business is moving too slow, when am I getting married,blah, blah. Just gotta enjoy life.

Anonymous said...

Patients is a Virtue Hun. Find yourself first and the rest will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

28 is the new 22 :)

Eb the Celeb said...

Can never have too much erykah... hope the birthday went well!

Anonymous said...

Dante, girl know that you are not the only one, who has thoughts and aspirations and doesn't know how to fully execute them. I think that society puts labels on what we "Should be doing or have, by a certain age." That shits no fun is it realistic to live up to what everyone in society thinks. Your a smart, and pretty girl, trust me what ever you are to be doing, you'll be doing it in just in YOUR right time. Stayed prayed up, it will come ...........